Monday 2 August 2010

FUNNY DAY

DM3 = 176,057 words
Target for completion (pre-read thru) end August.

Sort of a nothing of a day.

I couldn't really settle, though I did managed to rehash a major chapter in DM3 so all was not lost.

I went on the 'statistics' analysis of http://www.thedemi-monde.com/ to see if the mailing out of all the bookproofs by Quercus was having an impact and it seems it is. At the end of 2nd August the site has had 283 hits which might not appear to be a lot but when the total for the whole of May was 315, for June 160 and July 395, I think that's real progress. Quite a few of the hits are coming from France which I am hoping indicates that maybe a French publisher is getting interested in the books.

One thought I had was that now's it's probably worthwhile that I give readers - potential readers, who am I kidding - of this blog a precis of the Demi-Monde so tomorrow I'm going to do just that.

The Waterstone's meet has, apparently, been put back to Thursday which is a bit of a disappointment, but no matter.

I'm also trying to arrange a meet between me, Nigel (who designed the web-site) and Mark Twaite who's the new Digital Marketing Manager for Quercus to iron out how the site is going to develop in the future.

As I said, it was a funny day.

No comments:

Post a Comment